Sabina Gold & Silver Corp. takes its responsibility to act as a steward of the environment seriously.
To fulfill this responsibility, Sabina strives to:
- Ensure that we design our activities and operate in compliance with all environmental regulations to minimize our impact on the environment.
- Promote responsibility and accountability of managers, employees and contractors to protect the environment and make environmental performance an essential part of the management/contractor review process.
- Provide resources, personnel and training to enable management, employees and contractors to implement programs and policies to protect the environment.
- Communicate openly with employees, contractors, local stakeholders and government on our environmental protection and sustainability programs and performance. We will also address any concerns pertaining to potential hazards and impacts.
- Promote the development and implementation of systems and technologies to reduce environmental risks.
- Establish and maintain appropriate emergency response plans for all activities and facilities.
- Maintain a self-monitoring program at each facility to ensure compliance and to proactively address plans to correct potential deficiencies.
- Work cooperatively with government agencies, local communities and contractors to develop and enhance systems and technologies to improve environmental and sustainability practices.
- Encourage all employees, contractors or stakeholders to report to management any known or suspected departures from this policy or its related procedures.